Reshaping Today’s Health Benefits is focus of May 9-10 event
CHICAGO – March 22, 2023 – Health care market disruption, changing employee needs, economic volatility and evolving fiduciary legal requirements are among today’s challenges faced by employers. These themes and strategies to address are included in the Midwest Business Group on Health’s annual conference at the JW Marriott Chicago, May 9-10.
Keynote speakers and topics are: William Shrank, MD, Advisory Partner, Andreessen Horowitz and Visiting Fellow at the Duke-Margolis Health Policy Center – Are We Still Paying for Waste and Low Value Care? What Employers Can and Should Do; Joe Toniolo, Senior Director, Health & Welfare Plans, US Foods – (R)Evolutionary Benefits: Relevance Through Innovation; Mike Stancil, CEO & President, Pittsburgh Business Group on Health – Employer & Community Strategies that Support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; and Amy Katzoff, Senior Director, Benefits & Mobility, Huron Consulting Group – Employer Keynote: Lessons in Communications and Program Management from a Health Benefits Warrior.
“There is increasing focus on the role employers play as fiduciaries and prudent purchasers of health care – from getting and using data to complying with transparency requirements to ensuring they are paying reasonable plan expenses,” said Cheryl Larson, MBGH president and CEO. “Employers will find this as time well spent as they come away with new, innovative and disruptive strategies to reshape their organization’s health care benefits.”
Other featured speakers include:
- Brian Delphey Benefits Director, Navistar, Inc.
- Dan Dentzer, Senior Manager: Health & Wellness Design, United Airlines
- Michele Gruber, Director of Global Benefits, Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
- Linda Gulbrandsen, Vice President, Footlocker
- Pam Hannon, Retirement & Healthcare Leader, GE Healthcare, and MBGH Board Chair
- Darin Hinderman, Global Health Strategy Manager, Total Rewards – Human Resources, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Alex Jung, Founder, Alex Jung Consulting LLC
- Nicole Martel, Vice President - Benefits, Well-being & Associate Health
- Sherri Samuels-Fuerst, Vice President, Total Rewards, Sargento Foods
- Alex Thornhill, Benefits Manager, Trupanion
Additional details and registration information can be found here. MBGH would like to thank its sponsors for making this educational event for employers and other health care purchasers possible.
About the Midwest Business Group on Health
Midwest Business Group on Health (MBGH) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit supporting employers seeking solutions to better manage the high cost of health care and the health and productivity of their covered populations. Founded in 1980, MBGH offers members leading educational programs, employer-directed research projects, purchasing opportunities and community-based activities that increase the value of health care services and the health benefits they offer to members. MBGH serves over 150 companies who provide benefits to over 4 million lives, with employer members spending more than $15 billion on health care each year. For additional details visit www.mbgh.org and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
Download Press Release